TinyEYE Therapy Services is seeking an exceptional Speech-Language Pathologist to provide valued services to children in the Calgary and Edmonton areas.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Assess the functional communication skills of children (including language, social skills, and play skills) and develop goals to target each child’s unique areas of need. Include these goals in each child’s Service Provider Program Plan (SPPP).
- Complete monthly visits to each client and family.
- Support the family and the child’s therapy team (including a Program Assistant, family members and other professionals) in implementing identified communication, social and play goals; provide direct therapy as needed to model strategies.
- Provide programming to encourage generalization of skills across home and community environments.
- Monitor the child’s progress and modify current goals as needed depending on client’s progress and family needs.
- At end of a child’s SPPP contract, determine level of outcomes for communication, social and play goals; complete a final progress and/or assessment report, and if needed, develop new communication goals for the next year of programming.
- · Liaise with other professionals on the team (Occupational Therapist, Psychologist, Physiotherapist) to provide integrated and coordinated multi-disciplinary service to clients and families.
- Masters degree in speech-language pathology or equivalent
- Experience working with children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Experience working with children who have high-needs or other disabilities
- Licensed with ACSLPA (or eligibility for license in Alberta)
- Alberta driver’s license / vehicle
- Available to provide 20 to 40 hours of service each month
- Demonstrate commitment to service excellence through positive partnerships with families, effective project management skills, collaborative efforts with your team, and a focus on making an incredible difference in the life of a child.
Please email your resume to email@example.com or call 1-877-846-9393 if you have questions.
Marnee Brick, MSc
Speech-Language Pathologist and Director of Speech Therapy
TinyEYE Therapy Services (Speech Therapy Telepractice)
Growing smiles, mending spirits, engaging children in their lives